Bobservation: Gearing Up for Fall
For many people Fall means back-to-school, cooler weather, football, and knowing the holidays are just around the corner. This year, I’m particularly pumped for the return of Fall because my wife and I are leading another 9-week session of FPU (Financial Peace University) starting on Thursday, September 13, 2018. I know I can get a bit passionate about FPU, not just because this program actually works or because it changes lives (it changed mine!) but because there is a huge problem with how people are handling their money. Check out these alarming stats on debt from Dave Ramsey’s blog:
- Americans as a whole owe more than $1.2 trillion in educational debt (the average student loan hovering just under $29,000)
- The average car loan has hit an all-time high at more than $30,000 (the average monthly payment is more than $500)
- Americans on average have credit card debt balance of more than $15,000 (there are more than 1.4 billion open credit cards in the United States alone)
Proverbs 21:20 gives some excellent advice regarding the insatiable consumption we are currently witnessing, “In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has.” Based on the statistics, we are devouring more than we have! If you are tired of wondering where all your hard earned money went and are ready to start telling it where to go, then you should join us for FPU this Fall. Per the Dave Ramsey website, the average family pays off $5,300 and saves $2,700 in the first 90 days of taking FPU! Join the over 2.5 million families who have learned to take control of their money. Click here to sign up now!
Did you know that FPU is part of our “Thursdays At Sunridge” program happening on our campus starting September 13? It’s our way of providing midweek opportunities to deepen faith, find community, and equip adults with practical, biblical classes like:
- A Lasting Promise Marriage Workshop
- Grief Share – Support for those grieving the loss of someone
- Kingdom Man – Men’s Bible study
- Rev Fit Strength & Stretch – Women’s exercise class
- Rooted – A 10-week small group experience
- Survivors of Suicide Loss – Support group for anyone who has lost a family member or friend to suicide
- The Road to Emmaus – Women’s Bible study
To sign up or find out more about all that’s happening on Thursday nights at Sunridge, click here.
Leave a Reply