Bobservations: Christmas Offering 2017
There’s just something about the anticipation of Christmas that puts a smile on my face. I love the music, the TV shows (I’m still partial to the Rankin-Bass stop-motion shows from my childhood), getting to use a blanket at night, and even shopping at Christmas time is a little less painful. And I love how the season reveals our generous hearts. This will be my 12th Christmas on staff at Sunridge, and there is no doubt in my mind that our church family has a very generous heart. On average, December makes up 12% of the total annual giving and I’m prayerful that we’ll exceed that number this Christmas season! When I think of all the worthy options out there “competing” for your donations at this time of year, knowing that you choose to give extra to Sunridge is very humbling and encouraging. I think a big part of the reason so many of you invest in what God is doing at Sunridge is because you believe in our mission of helping people find and follow Jesus. It’s being a part of something bigger than ourselves. I also think it’s because you get to see the fruit of your gift. God is doing some amazing things in and through this church! We are truly seeing Him working in this church to accomplish our vision to Deepen Faith – Bring Hope – Live Love.
It’s a long-held tradition at Sunridge to have a special Christmas offering in December. I’m excited that this year is no different, and we promise we’re going to keep it simple! Here’s our plan for the 2017 Christmas offering:
- We are partnering with Community Mission of Hope here in Temecula to run a Personal Care Drive throughout the month of December, “Because everyone deserves a fresh start to the New Year!” Community Mission of Hope services over 400 local families per month and gives out hygiene items quarterly. The people at CMOH are asked daily for hygiene products by their clients because they are so expensive. Our hope is that the donations that Sunridge collects will enable them to make 600 hygiene kits to distribute to local families in need this January.
- Items to bring in:
- Full/family-sized shampoo
- Bars of soap
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Men’s and women’s deodorant
Look for the designated bins in the church hallway to drop off your donations throughout the month of December.
- The first $3,000 of our December offering will go to our Sunridge Deaf Ministry to fund an American Sign Language Interpreter every week during the 9:00 AM service to meet the needs of the Deaf Community.
- We are inviting everyone to be a part of funding our hallway renovation. We want our campus to say that we were expecting you and we’re glad you’re here. The total cost for this project is $150,000 and that’s why we set a goal of $90,000 to the CIF (Capital Improvement Fund). Would you prayerfully consider giving above and beyond your regular giving to this important project? To do so, simply designate your gift to the CIF. If you want to know more about our Renovation plans and progress, please click here.
Thank you for your faithful generosity.
“One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.” ~Proverbs 11:24-25 ESV
I’m so happy to hear that the church will be funding an interpreter for the deaf ministry! The deaf community is a part of the special needs community that is so often overlooked by the Christian church at large. I love that our church is seeing a need and filling it!
Bob Santy says
I totally agree!