Youth Room Makeover (Phase 1)
Completed: December 2016
Our youth room has really been our multi-purpose room since the time we occupied the building. It is used each week by our youth groups, of course, but also for volunteer meetings and gatherings, bible studies and MOPS, outside groups and events, and more! This room gets a lot of use to say the least resulting in much wear and tear. The carpet, walls, stage and equipment were really showing signs of years of all that use and loving abuse!
We are thrilled to have transformed this room in the following ways:
- Deconstruction and demolition was completed with removal of carpet, stage, storage area and heavy black-out curtains.
- Gave away excess chairs because they were taking up space and required constant moving from one place to another.
- Flooring of severely stained and damaged carpeting was replaced with a more user-friendly resurfaced concrete finish.
- Paint needed a fresh look and fresh coat to the expansive walls.
- Baseboards needed replacing to complete the overall look and update of the room.
- Basketball hoops in the youth room is something we have always dreamed of having in this great space and will be enjoyed by everyone for years to come. There are now two professional-quality basketball hoops that are motorized that are stored in the ceiling and come down when in use.
- Rewiring electrical with additional outlets and wiring was required due to the extensive changes in the room.
- Projector/lens/bracket/screen – A beautiful and very large (16’ x 9’) ceiling-mounted, motorized screen has been installed, along with a 7000 lumen high-definition projector. The addition of this amazing set up enhances worship services and other events in the youth room.
- Transitional audio system in place
- A new modular stage makes worship services and events amazing with a fresh new look and is easily taken down to allow for maximum flexibility in the room.
- Barn door window coverings were installed over the huge west side windows. Construction was handled by our in-house team and the doors provide not only a fashionable look, but with enhance privacy and security.
- Additional acoustic panels were installed to prevent sound distortion and also enrich the experience of attendees in the room.
Completed: November 2014
Replacing our high-consumption landscaping was an important priority here at Sunridge. This project saves us money, improves our look and cut maintenance costs!
- Removed approximately 15,000 sq. ft. of turf
- Replaced with drought tolerant succulents, boulders and decomposed granite
- Cut annual water consumption by approximately 57%
Parking Lot Slurry & Stripe
Completed: November 2014
This project improves our parking lot for everyone who comes to Sunridge each week for years to come. Additionally, it says to our guests that we have pride in taking care of our campus from the moment they set foot on the grounds by having a well-maintained parking lot.
- Provided much needed protection to the asphalt on our 5.75 acre parking lot as well as redefining parking spaces
Room 107 and Adjacent Bathroom
Completed: June 2015
During the great snowfall of December 2014, the leaky roof could not withhold the melting snow from destroying the west side of the building, damaging the walls, carpet and fixtures, and bringing mold along with it. Since there was extensive damage, together with insurance coverage and our funds, we undertook this major repair and redecorating project. We used this necessary reconstruction to create the prototype of the “new look” for Sunridge to jump start our Renovate campaign.
- Upgraded flooring with new carpeting
- Finished with new, designer approved color scheme on walls
- Added much needed permanent counter space and storage
- Added "tech" to the room – 70" HDTV and ceiling mounted speakers
Completed: March 2016
From the time Sunridge occupied its facility in 2002, the roof leaked. Even though attempts were made to patch the roof, we continued to have issues with many leaks every time it rained. Traditional roofs can typically only last up to 10 years – ours was 17 years old. In order to move forward with any other improvements, we knew we had to shore up this foundational piece of our facility. By the end of March 2016, a new 25-year membrane roof was put on our facility and we can now “retire” our bucket brigade and focus our energy elsewhere!
Estimated Start: 2018
Our entry and main hallways make an impact on the first impression that visitors have upon entering our building.
Sunridge needs a more welcoming entry that improves flow, offers a better first impression, makes it easier for parents to do child check-in, and helps guide guests to know where to start. In short, our freshly updated hallways will say, hey, we were expecting you.
How Can I Help?
Continuation of Youth Room Improvements
Estimated Start: 2017
To fully complete this huge undertaking, there are many more future decisions on updates and purchases:
- Furniture – Meeting with staff to determine needs and desires as improvements progress.
- Audio – We know that a new audio system would improve and enhance our youth room and are planning to replace this in the near future.
- Stage lighting – This is also on our list to update and change.
How Can I Help?