This blog is being launched to provide regular updates related to our transition season at Sunridge. An excellent question to begin with is, “How do we make the most of this transition opportunity?”
We have at least two significant opportunities at Sunridge to make the most of our transition season:
- To connect more deeply with God, one another, and those God wants to add to the Sunridge family.
- To help shape the future of Sunridge. Your input matters!
Two All-Church Events to Foster Connecting and Input:
- All-Church Fast from Monday, Oct 21-23, concluding with a potluck supper of soup and bread on Wednesday (Oct 23) from 6:30-7:15pm, followed by a concert of worship & prayer from 7:15-8:30. (I will teach this Sunday on fasting and the benefits of grace-infused spiritual disciplines from Matthew 6:16-24.)
- All-Church Sunridge Summit on Sunday, Nov 3 from 3-6pm that will include dinner. (Child-care will be available, so pre-registration is encouraged.)
Over the next several months we will hold a series of “summits,” looking at where Sunridge has been, where we are now, and where God is leading us.
Why Look Back?
Looking back will help us identify and celebrate the victories of God throughout 24 years of ministry at Sunridge. We have much strength on which to build. Looking back also stirs us to recognize how God has made us distinctive as a church. This will help us in at least three ways:
- By considering our unique strengths (and weaknesses) we will identify 3-6 specific core values (i.e., Sunridge distinctives). As we begin the search for a permanent pastor, we are looking for a person with a basic “values match” with us.
- The more we can effectively process the past, the less likely we are to make the same mistakes, AND the more likely we will be able to build on our strengths.
- The more work we do prior to the actual pastor search, the more likely it is we will attract the right permanent pastor.
Here’s what I know without a doubt – Sunridge has unlimited potential. In subsequent posts I will keep you up-to-date with all aspects of the transition, and we will have various Transition Team members provide occasional updates during church services.
Grace & Peace,
Marie Ramaekers says
You guys did good bringing on Jed. He is wonderful with the high schoolers! Thank you!