Does God care about families with special needs?
Of course, and so do we.
What would it be like to find a place where …
- …for one hour a week, you could focus on personal and spiritual growth instead of care-giving?
- …loved ones with special needs are cared for personally and nurtured spiritually?
Bridge Builders … because church should be for everyone
- Providing a safe, nurturing place for every individual
- Connecting caregivers and their loved ones with access to church life
That’s what Bridge Builders is all about. We are a team of volunteers who build a bridge between the church and families with special needs. It is our joy to keep your loved ones safe, build friendships with them, and share God’s truth with them at their level.
Accommodations range from specialized environments to full inclusion. Meanwhile, you are welcome to take a break from caregiving and retreat to our worship center where you can focus on connecting with God, make new friends, and get re-charged. (Visual pagers are located on either side of the stage in the worship center if we need to contact you during a service.)
Thrive is a midweek group dedicated to teens and young adults with Special Needs. It is an intentional time of studying God’s word while simultaneously building solid and consistent relationships with peers. Thrive gives teens and young adults with Special Needs a place where they learn of God’s love for them. At Thrive, they are also loved by the people around them, and solid friendships with their peers are fostered.
Our Thrive team consists of a group of dedicated volunteers who desire to build consistent and reliable relationships with your teen/ young adult “Thriver.”
- Parents have the option of spending time with other Thrive parents in another room at Sunridge for fellowship, sharing and encouragement.
- Inclusion with our High School EPIC group for worship is a special part of our Thrive evening and nurtures community between Thrive and Epic participants.
- We meet on alternating Wednesday Evenings from 7-8:30PM.
Planning a visit this week?
Please take a moment to share some information about your loved one so that we can ensure the best possible experience by clicking the link below.
Contact Marlys Ruckel at email@example.com.