As we move deeper into the search process Sunridge is poised for a new season of ministry effectiveness. Much has been accomplished and we are ready to move forward.
LEAD PASTOR SEARCH — To date we have received twenty packets from applicant pastors. We will begin Phase 1 (online) interviews next week.
We have a dedicated, motivated, and high achieving staff! All staff role descriptions have been updated to include yearly ministry objectives (MO’s) as well as personal development objectives (PO’s). Our first round of developmental reviews is almost complete. The performance of our staff is primarily evaluated on their ability to build and multiply teams that lead to effective ministry opportunities for Sunridge attenders to serve Sunridge, the Temecula Valley, and beyond.
- As the school year comes to a close we are also preparing to move Tara Thomas out of her Interim Children’s Director role and into a permanent role.
- Ken Munsey has also been added to our pastoral staff as a Connection Pastor to build teams that help guests and newcomers connect and grow at Sunridge.
Sunridge is in the process of implementing a Policy Governance (PG) model to more effectively serve the needs of the church as well as to provide more time for the elders (which includes the Lead Pastor) to be involved in active ministry in addition to monthly board meetings. PG is an integrated set of concepts and principles that specifically describe the role of the governing board, outlining the manner in which the board can be successful in their servant-leadership role, as well as in their all-important relationship with staff. There are four fundamental principles of PG, rooted in biblical principles:
- Servant Leadership – PG provides for and recognizes the Elder Board’s servant leadership role as that of servanthood in a stewardship role. The Elder Board is tasked with seeking and serving God on behalf of the Sunridge congregation.
- Accountability – PG provides for clarity and assurance of accountability that is also congruent with authority.
- Empowerment with constraint – PG consciously enables the difficult balance between empowerment of the Lead Pastor (the freedom and authority to act) with appropriate board restraint so that responsible stewardship is provided without oppressive control.
- Clarity of Values – The Elder Board is compelled to express its values in a clear and succinct manner sufficient for godly care, discipleship, and mission.
NEW OR RELAUNCHED MINISTRIES
- 1824 MINISTRY –Our 1824 Ministry is specifically for people between the ages of 18 to 24. You can join our growing group of about 20 young adults at 7pm on Sunday nights, meeting at Dave and Heidi Fatter’s home, 26307 Palm Tree Lane, Murrieta, CA 92563.
- BRIDGE BUILDERS – A ministry to families with special needs. They are a team of volunteers who build a bridge between the church and families with special needs to keep loved ones safe, build friendships with them, and share God’s truth with them at their level. Accommodations range from specialized environments to full inclusion. Visual Pagers are located on either side of the stage in the worship center if needed.
- CHILDREN’S CHOIR — The kids choir is back! Kindergarteners through 8th graders will sing patriotic songs in church for Independence Day on Sunday, July 6th. Practices will be held Monday nights from 6:30-7:30pm starting May 12th in room 103.
- MEN’S “ROAD TO RECOVERY” STEP STUDY GROUP –The purpose of this group is to create a safe and confidential environment for men to work through life’s hurts, habits, and hang-ups (such as anger, pornography, addiction, etc.) By applying the biblical principles of conviction, surrender, confession, prayer, and helping one another, we will restore and develop stronger relationships with others and with God! Sign-up online.
- MISSIONS BOARD — A Missions Board is being (re) assembled. The goals include caring for our missionary families (along with their mission boards) and determining a process for evaluating and calculating funding for them. If you have an interest in participating contact Lisa Stewart. You can also check out our missionary page at: sunridgechurch.org/supported-missionaries
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL (VBS) — June 22-27th (Sunday-Friday) 6:30-8:45pm. To discover Jesus, decide if He is true, and be able to defend this truth!
- FINANCIAL ADVISORY TEAM — This team will work with the Lead Pastor and Bob Santy (Pastor of Business and Finance) to advise on all financial matters including ongoing policies and procedures, stewardship development, staff salary reviews, budgeting, and debt retirement.