Part-Time Facilities Tech Position (Days)
The Sunridge facilities team is growing to keep pace with the increasing demands on our church campus. We are looking for an individual to fill a 15-20-hour per week position—daytime shift and some weekends. The position is ready to be filled immediately. It would be a great fit for:
- A college student looking for part-time work
- A retiree looking to make some extra income
- An individual looking for a second job
The position is primarily maintenance work, but will also require some light janitorial work on occasion. On-the-job training and plenty of support from our awesome staff will be provided.
The Facilities Technician is a paid staff position that performs the necessary tasks required to maintain a safe, highly presentable, and clean campus that remains ready as a place for which ministry is conducted. The Facilities Technician position will primarily work days and some weekends. This position is primarily maintenance in nature, with occasional janitorial duties.
- Create a safe, clean, and functional environment for Sunridge Community Church ministries.
- To the degree possible, ensure our actions do not interference with ongoing events.
Specific List of Responsibilities
- Sunday on-site staff facility person (swing rotation with other facility team members).
- Occasional special event coverage (rotating assignment).
- The primary responsibility is proper operation of all plumbing, lighting, electrical, and mechanical devices on campus.
- Conduct systematic inspections, anticipate problem areas, and resolve discrepancies noted in collaboration with the Facilities Manager.
- Secondary responsible include, but are not limited to, filling in where needed to assist the Facilities teammates in completing custodial duties, and/or assuming those responsibilities in their absence.
- Event support when required.
- Painting & some landscaping duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of facilities maintenance and repair.
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Able to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Able to work with other Sunridge Community Church departments.
- A desire to serve others.
- Strong work ethic.
- Detailed oriented.
- Have a can-do attitude.
- Problem solver.
- Education: High School diploma required.
- Licenses: None required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Free from physical limitations that would prevent basic cleaning.
- Free from any limitation that would you from working on a lift/ladder at of 20’ or greater.
Personal and Spiritual Requirements
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.