Join us on January 26th from 3 to 6 PM for our second Summit gathering, where together we will create a Sunridge Journey Wall. Childcare is available and dinner for adults and kids will be served in the Youth Room at 5:30.
What will we do?
- There will be a quick review of Summit #1 (check out the presentation here).
- There will be a guided dialogue around tables to determine the 3-6 core, practiced values of Sunridge.
What’s a core value?
- Our core values describe what is unique and distinctive about Sunridge and communicate what we believe about how we intend to relate to God, one another, and the larger unchurched community.
The three primary questions we will brainstorm are:
- What does God value?
- What has God consistently blessed at Sunridge over the years?
- What does our past tell us we need to value more?
What’s the goal?
- To reaffirm and recommit to our unique and distinctive calling in the valley and beyond.
- Churches that prayerfully and intentionally identify their core values have the advantage of working as a team with common guides for decision-making.
- Reaffirming and recommitting to our core values will also be VERY helpful in the pastor search process. If the incoming permanent pastor shares our core values the chances of a long and fruitful season for Sunridge will increase dramatically.
If you would like to “catch-up” on the transition communications, check out the “Pastor’s Blog” on our website. I have tried to keep the posts short and to the point.
Whether or not you can attend please pray for this important time.