Each quarter, Pastor Britt sends a quarterly budget update email to share all of the amazing things that God is doing in and through our church. In case you missed it, here’s the update from July 3, 2018.
Each time I sit down to write a quarterly budget update, I always begin by thanking God for the faithful people who make daily sacrifices so that Sunridge can be a church that is truly helping people find and follow Jesus. So, before I begin to tell you just a few of the ways your financial partnership is making a difference, can I just simply say a very heartfelt “thank you” for the tangible way you’ve joined us in sharing and living out the gospel here in the Temecula Valley? Thank you!
Now, here are just a few ways God has been showing up for Sunridge recently:
- A couple weeks ago I delivered a message titled, Good People Go To Heaven (part of the series, Lies We Believe). Following that message, a woman came to the front for prayer and was led to Christ by one of our prayer team members. We couldn’t do it without you, Sunridge!
- A mom who’s been attending our MOPs (Mothers Of Preschoolers) recently got her husband to come to church with her and was thrilled that “he liked it!” We couldn’t do it without you, Sunridge!
- Just last week someone called our office inquiring about our American Sign Language (ASL) service so they could attend with their deaf friend. They were so grateful to have found a church in the area that offers this service. I don’t know if you recall, but last fall we said that the first $3,000 of our new fiscal year would be dedicated to assuring we had a deaf interpreter at our 9am service. We couldn’t do it without you, Sunridge!
- Next week, we’ll be holding our annual week-long evening children’s program that we call “The Week.” Last summer, we committed ourselves to designing a program that would include kids who have special needs — and with all the amazing volunteers who joined in, we did it! This year, we’re trusting God to allow us to not only host a kids’ program that is inclusive, but also provide fifty “buddies” for kids who can only attend if we provide a one-on-one buddy for them. Sunridge has developed a reputation in this community for how we’re living love with these families. People regularly come to our services for the first time based on that reputation alone. Way to go, Sunridge! By the way, if you’d like to serve alongside some of the most amazing volunteers at The Week, contact Haley at email@example.com. I know we could never accomplish this without you!
- Did you know that Sunridge currently supports nine missionaries through our general fund? You can see eight of them at this link. Could we do that without you? Nope!
- Our ability to renovate our hallway grows closer each week as our balance approaches $100,000. Remember we estimate the cost of this remodel project at around $130,000. Many of you continue to give over and above your general fund offering to our Capital Improvement Fund (CIF). There is no way we will get that done without you, Sunridge!
- We had an air conditioner that services some of the upstairs offices go lame this year, but for the first time in history we began an asset replacement fund this fiscal year, so we have the money to do so. We could never have done it without you!
These are just a few of the stories I’ve heard of lately. Many of you are part of so many other stories of how God is working through Sunridge. I am grateful to be serving alongside you during this part of our history. I wouldn’t want to do it without you!
Finally, I know that many of you will be out of town in the coming weeks, taking great vacations with family and friends. Even though you’re out of town enjoying the goodness of God – please continue to faithfully support us financially by being consistent in your giving, and by praying for us. We want to close out our fiscal year strong so we’re ready to tackle the next things God has for us. If you’d like to check your giving as we go into this last quarter of 2018, just click on this link. Thank you!
Thank you, Sunridge. It’s really true. We couldn’t do it without you!
July ushers our church into the final quarter of this fiscal year and the FAT (Financial Advisory Team – they really need a new name …), the elders, and the staff are hard at work creating the 2018-19 budget. It’s always an exciting time of the year because that’s when the leaders and their teams prayerfully dream forward about what they believe God wants to accomplish through their ministries. That’s why it is so important to create a budget forecast that provides the funding to allow them to passionately pursue all that our resources will support. It’s because of sacrificial giving and a desire to partner with us that we can accomplish our mission to help people find and follow Jesus.
As Pastor Britt shared in his letter, God is doing some amazing things through this group of people called Sunridge, including elevating the level of stewardship in our church!
9 Month Analysis
September 2017 – May 2018
CONSISTENCY GOAL: 25%
There were 142 (29%) giving units that gave all 9 months in this period. This is an encouraging improvement over 107 (22%) for the same time period only a year ago. Your faithfulness in supporting Sunridge ministries is making a difference.
GENEROSITY GOAL: $40.00
The average weekly giving per person in this period is $42.08 ($39.54 without Renovate) which is also an increase compared to the same period last year of $39.26 ($35.05 without Renovate).
We are truly blessed and humbled by your continued trust to your church as demonstrated by the consistent, faithful, and generous donations of those who call Sunridge home.